All full-time regular faculty begin the appointment process when they are hired, as stipulated in the Faculty Contract. This process prepares faculty to apply for a continuing appointment. Whether or not a faculty member chooses to become a member of the Faculty Association, the Promotion and Appointment processes listed in the FA Contract will apply. For information about Faculty Association membership, please contact the FA Secretary or Treasurer.
The Faculty Contract is a labor agreement that is negotiated between SUNY Broome Community College and Broome County and the Faculty Association of SUNY Broome Community College. The contract includes important information about such issues as:
- faculty responsibilities,
- grievances, and the
- evaluation, appointment, promotion, and professional development recognition increment processes.
During the time that a contract is in place, there may be additions, deletion, or corrections to the contract that are mutually agreed upon though the joint development of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU). When reviewing any part of the contract it is important to check whether there is an MOU in place that may be relevant. The MOUs below pertain to the current faculty contract. This list is also found on the employee tab in My College in the Human Resources section of the page.
Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs)
The following MOUs pertain to the current Faculty Contract 2015-2018.
- Appendix A – Responsibility Adjustment – dated 03/29/17
- Article 8 – Scope of Agreement dated 06/07/17
- Article 13.2 Sick Leave dated December 11, 2017
- Article 21 – Travel on College Business and Article 54 – Fast Forward/Concurrent Enrollment – dated 11/09/17
- Article 28 – Compensation, No. 11 and 14 – dated May 10, 2017
- Article 35 – Appointment of Academic Staff – 11/06/17
- Article 38 LOAD – Section D, Overload 1 – dated 3/29/17