Negotiations Resource Committee Meeting:
- Acknowledge visitors and allow them to voice their contractual suggestions/concerns
- Prioritize information from Administration – What do we have so far, what do we still need to collect?
- Sub-Groups to dissect information and make presentable
- Show trends in graphs, charts, spreadsheets
- Other information to gather and prioritize: County units, Other community colleges, local high schools
- Communication with membership
- Start talking to your constituents via email, phone, and office visits. If you want neutral office contact Dave to schedule FA Presidents office.
- Develop Google Doc to keep running update of ideas, information from membership
- Faculty Association Website: fasunybroome.org
- fasunybroome.org/nrc – Negotiations Committee section of website
- Bill Hollister will update website
- Ideas/Items to ask for in contract – Add to Google Doc
- Eyeglass coverage in health insurance; Dental premiums as payroll deduction (same as Guild and ESPA now have); On-line class quotas; All classes run with minimum of X numbers, Load, Credit for contact hours in large classes.
- Other items: Gym memberships covered as preventative medicine; Disability insurance in benefits; 10 month employees personal days not from sick bank; Excess of sick days used for personal days; Stipend for Club advisors; President of FA Union gets X # of days pay for conferences and union meetings; Up to 5 extra bereavement days using sick days, day before Thanksgiving as holiday comp (same as Guild and ESPA have); Class size; Release time to train new faculty; Evening/weekend programs expanding in size but no compensation; Pay for sick time not used
- How to package information for Negotiations Team
Next meeting: Wednesday, November 12 @ 3 pm in B111