Members Present: Dave Michalak, Fred Loveland, Mike Kuryla, Howard Streby, Katie Bucci, Tim Skinner, Michael Kuryla, Rob Woods, Bill Hollister, David Zeggert, Suzanne Shepard and Joe Spence
Meeting called to order at 3:05 PM
- October minutes passed (Motion: Streby, Second: Hollister, Abstain: Shepard)
- Audit committee needs to be established. Previous members (last year) were Jan Pitera, Charlie Petrolawicz, and John Kuzma. Mike Kuryla to canvass for members for this year’s committee.
- Dave reminded all members to assist part-time adjuncts with the membership process in their respective areas as needed.
- Rep Council approved the appointment of Dan Brennan (Chemistry) from STEM for the Spring 2015 semester to fill the vacancy created when Rob Woods assumed the Treasurer’s position.
- President Michalak and Secretary Spence report as of now there are 34 new adjunct members, with more coming in regularly. Hollister and Skinner asked for membership application forms and payroll deduction cards. Secretary Spence to provide.
- Howard Streby reported on the Negotiations Resource Committee. Howard reports NRC is in a “fact-finding” mode and is collecting data and suggestions from members and from other sources. Next meeting is on December 10th at 1:00, room TBD.
- Dave announced that Per Article 32 of the contract, the administration must be informed of our intent to bargain between January 1 and January 31, and that notice of intent will be filed prior to January 5th.
Vice President’s Report: (For Fred Loveland by Dave Michalak)
- The MOU for Article 28.10A is ready for signature. The word “employee” is replaced by “Faculty Association”.
- Surveillance MOU is near completion. Both sides have general agreement. When new draft is finalized, it will be sent to Secretary Spence for distribution to Rep Council.
- A situation involving harassment of an FA member via social media is being reviewed. Possible remedies to safeguard the rights of members is underway.
- Labor Management is addressing unresolved issues from last spring including Fast Forward, Affordable Care Act and Work For Hire. There is an understanding in principle- NO MORE WORK FOR HIRE until an agreement is bargained.
- ACA issues remain unresolved in terms of a uniform process for part-time faculty. The Administration indicates this will be a topic for negotiations.
- College Assembly has received a request from the administration to discuss the topic of a campus ethics policy. President Michalak has stated that this is a subject that can be addressed only by collective bargaining and is otherwise inappropriate.
Treasurer’s Report – No report.
The next Rep Council meeting is December 16th at 3:00 in B-208.
Motion to adjourn made at 4:00 PM by D. Zeggert, seconded by T. Skinner. Unanimous.
Joseph S. Spence