Location: TH 105
Time: 3-3:50 p.m.
Present: Detrani, Doty-Blance, Grubb, Kettering, Loveland, Michalak, Prindell, Shepard, Skinner
- Context: We discussed the need for community building in the Faculty Association in the face of all the challenges to unions currently underway
- Reviewed suggestions from the FA Executive Board (see last page)
- Solicit more members through Rep Council to make our committee more inclusive
- Outreach to adjuncts and new hires
- Training for members in protocol, contract
- Research/study team
- Invite members with experience in “Right-to-Work” States to discuss their experiences.
- Vision Statement: solicit input from all members; use Chicago Teachers for “inspiration,” pull it together at October 5 meeting.
- Logo Contest: have members participate in process of choosing a logo
- Raise awareness
- Physical document, but SHORT
- Distributed by Representatives
- Send readers to website for more information
- Helpful Tips for dealing with common issues
- “An Injury to One” issues and how they are being dealt with
- “Good News”
- Action Plan:
- Suzanne will solicit ideas for the Vision Statement
- Tim will solicit materials for Newsletter
- Mike will begin design of Logo contest
- Next time: Think of FUN things to do!
Next meeting is Monday, October 5, from 3-3:50 in TH 105.
Suzanne V. Shepard, Ph.D.
Professor of English
Chair, SUNY Broome Faculty Association Organizing Committee