Members Present: Dave Michalak, Fred Loveland, Judi Dzuba, Bill Hollister, Paul Cartie, Joan Lubar, Suzanne Shepard, Jason Smith, Howard Streby, Suzanne Hickok, Rob Woods, and Joe Spence.
Guest: Mike Lynch
Meeting called to order at 11:10 AM
April Minutes distributed and minutes passed unanimously (Motion: H. Streby, Second: J. Muccio)
Mike Lynch, NYSUT Rep, first congratulated FA on the ratification of contract, then led a long exercise in visioning for the SBFA.
- Organizing Committee: Suzanne is preparing activities for the year.
- President’s Report:
- Dave clarified that meetings will be twice monthly, reps to attend both whenever possible and send a proxy to other meetings. Meetings will be Tuesdays at 1 and Thursdays at 11.
- Dave is speaking at a NYSUT rally for Corning Community College.
- Vice President’s Report:
- Fred thanked Howard Streby for attending the Board of Trustee Meetings.
- College is adding Assistant Dean and Associate Dean (administrative) positions.
- Number of adjunct faculty is up from 261 to 276 over the summer.
- FA got reimbursement for a member who was wrongfully docked sick time for missing an overload course.
- FA helped a member who was charged $300 for tuition for a course they took on campus and should not have paid for.
- A member was denied pay for work they performed over the summer while on administrative leave. Since the money was earned for work performed, compensation was received thanks to FA work.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
Motion to adjourn made at 12:07PM by H. Streby, seconded by J. Smith. Unanimous.
Joseph S. Spence- FA Secretary